Sunday, February 5, 2012

Casual Sunday

Or not-so-casual-Sunday, really. Happy Super Bowl Day everyone, the unofficial holiday that should totally be made official. (Really, does like Kohl’s need to be open today? I think not.) Hope everyone has a great day spending time with friends and family, and I hope all those who’ve wagered something on the game win (which is impossible, I know, but still).

My pick for the game? Well, I don’t really have a horse in this race (b-ball’s more my sport), but I think we are all culturally conditioned to root for our hometown team when they’re playing a big game (to the point where we actually feel sad when they lose—even if we don’t really care about the sport), so I have to go with the Pats here. (As if this post didn’t have enough parenthetical asides, can I just say that I’m surprised that ESPN doesn’t float around a memo telling their broadcasters to stop saying “I don’t have a dog in this fight”? I know Scott van Pelt is particularly fond of this unfortunate turn of phrase.)

So, for the record, I say 27-24 New England.

Take care,
DHS

No comments:

Post a Comment