Sunday, January 15, 2012

Casual Sunday

Brr. It is cold. If you live in the Northeast, you know that it’s the time of year when the weather takes it as a personal challenge to get colder every night. Only three more months of this and it’ll be back to bearable. Yay?

Responses to Deadly Reflections have been coming in and the reactions are overwhelmingly positive so far. It’s immensely gratifying that the book has connected in a meaningful way with readers and that so many have enjoyed it. I feel like the book is starting to make its own way, taking baby steps toward not needing me to cheerlead for it anymore. (I don’t want to overstate the “It’s like being the parent of a child” analogy that all writers seem to love making…but I have to say: it’s pretty much true.)

The heavy lifting has started on my next book, which will be the first in a multi-volume series. If it turns out half as good as it is in my head, it should be pretty amazing. I’ll be releasing more information about it as we get closer to the fall 2012 release.

Anyone else psyched about the trailer for the new Wes Anderson movie? It looks chock-full of quirky goodness. The upcoming year looks to be a good one for movies: a new Wes Anderson, a new Paul Thomas Anderson, and a new Whit Stillman. Very excited for all of them.

So on Tuesday, January 24, I plan on doing something half nuts/half cool. I’m gonna watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy back-to-back-to-back. AND I’m watching the extended cuts. Yep, about 12 hours or so. I’ll start around noon and live tweet the experience with the hashtag #LOTRinaday. Feel free to join me, or just chime in with support. Hopefully it won’t feel like a super endurance test. I’m just excited to have an awesome (in both senses of the word) home viewing experience.

I’ll just have to remember to stock up on the popcorn. J

DHS

No comments:

Post a Comment